Needing assistance with those high heating costs during the winter months? LIHEAP has two programs that may assist you!
Utility Services include:
Subsidy: November – mid December
- No crisis needed
Crisis: January – March (until funds are depleted)
- 4 days within running out
- Disconnect Notice
- Completely out of heat
“With my husband getting laid off we were finding it hard to pay our bills. Thanks to Gateway’s assistance, we were able to get some help on our electric. We will be forever grateful.”
Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) Spring Subsidy
An enrollment period for LIHEAP Spring Subsidy will run from May 3 through June 30, 2021. The program is designed to help offset the cost of a household’s home energy cost.
Applications will be accepted during the enrollment period, or until designated funds are depleted on a first-come, first-serve basis. Income eligibility for the program is up to and including 150% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. The benefit amount awarded is based on a household’s income and primary fuel type. Benefits are paid directly to the primary fuel vendor in the form of a voucher. Individuals should contact their their local Community Action Agency office to apply.
All applicants will be required to supply the following documentation at time of application:
- Proof of Social Security Number or Permanent Residence card (Green Card) for each member of the household.
- Proof of all household’s (all members) income from the preceding month.
- Most current heating bill, statement from your landlord if heating expenses are included in your rent, or a statement from utility company if you participate in a Pre-Pay Electric Program.
- The account number and name on the account for main heating fuel sources and electric bill.
Let Us Help
To see if you are eligible for services or to schedule and appointment call 1-800-927-1833 press option # 9.To schedule your appointment through our on-line calendar click here.