Gateway Community Action Early Head Start Program
Plans, organizes, and implements educational services for children in the Early Head Start classroom that will prepare children for later school success.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Implements curricula in the classroom
- Applies knowledge of developmentally appropriate practices
- Guides and facilitates daily activities
- Maintains a comprehensive system for assessing and tracking child progress
- Cooperates with parents to build and support home school connections by providing parents with information about curriculum and school readiness
- Establish and maintain relationships with community partners by being proactive and supportive of program needs
- Maintain a safe and healthy classroom environment through continued awareness and maintaining commitment to keeping all children safe
- Assist in implementing Individual Family Service Plan (IFSP’s)
- Complies with the Early Head Start Performance Standards and all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
- Supervises all classroom assistants and volunteers
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of classroom assistants
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws
- Responsible for training employees
- Plans, assigns, and directs work
- Addresses classroom concerns and resolves problems
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a regular part time position. Days and hours of work are planned in advance and schedule is provided at the beginning of each program year. Flexibility in schedule is required.
Required Education and Experience
Infant-Toddler Child Development Associate (CDA), Associate Degree (A.A.) in early childhood education; or an Associate Degree in a related field.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Valid Kentucky driver’s license, reliable transportation, and satisfactory background checks. Pass a pre-employment drug test and random drug testing as required. State required minimum vehicle liability insurance and uninsured motorist insurance. Any/all other testing or applicable checks required by local, state, or federal law.
Monday – Thursday, and 4 hours on Fridays
Competitive Benefits – paid sick leave, health, dental, vision, life & CERS Retirement.
Starting Pay: $11.50 – 12.52 (Depending on Education)