Gateway Community Action FIRE & FRAMEWORK Programs
Responsible for teaching/guiding individuals and/or couples through the chosen curriculum and assist program participants to achieve their goals.
- Recruit program participants from community and faith-based partners
- Participate as a member of the project team by assessing all program participants, and assisting with the development of the Individual Service Plan (in tandem with the Case Manager).
- Conduct workshops and training sessions using prescribed curricula.
- Facilitate the program participant and his family’s involvement and participation in the selection of individual and family focused goals.
- Assist the program participant and his family to overcome barriers that prevent communication, problem solving and goal achievement.
- Secure community venues and assist in planning/developing events and program activities.
- Maintain participant files in compliance with agency PII policies and procedures and report to the Program Manager all required information for reporting.
- Create and maintain individual and family case files.
- Attend CQI meetings and coordinate with the University of Kentucky on evaluation requirements.
- Complete all other duties as assigned by the Program Manager.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field or equivalent training and experience.
- Two years case management experience preferred.
- Any combination equivalent to experience and education that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities to be qualifying.
- Knowledge of local/state social service agencies and local community resources.
- Understanding of generational poverty, low income populations and Appalachian community.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. This position may require extended/flexible hours.
- Excellent computer and technology skills (Internet, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Valid Kentucky driver’s license, reliable transportation, and state required minimum vehicle liability insurance and uninsured motorist insurance.
- Satisfactory background checks.
- Pass a pre-employment drug test and random drug testing as required.
- Any/all other testing or applicable checks required by local, state, or federal law.
Pay Range: $12.00 – $16.00 (Pay based on education & experience.)
Competitive Benefits – paid holidays, paid leave, health, dental, vision, life & CERS Retirement.
Counties: Bath, Boyd, Carter, Clark, Elliott, Estill, Greenup, Lawrence, Madison, Menifee, Montgomery, Morgan, Powell, Rowan