Gateway Community Action FIRE & FRAMEWORK Programs
Responsible for assisting program participants with economic stability activities, including assisting with job readiness skills; pursuing training and education; employment search/placement; providing ongoing employment coaching as needed to ensure that the participant obtains and maintains employment; conduct outreach to local employers.
- Assist with recruitment of eligible program participants.
- Conduct education, employment/career and comprehensive supportive services assessments for program participants and as part of the comprehensive Individual Service Plan.
- Provide job readiness skills training; assist with basic skills to find competitive employment such as completing applications, resume building, proper attire, interviewing skills, taking directions from a supervisor, and other identified needs.
- Provide assistance with pre-vocational training, person-centered job selection, job placement and other related functions to assure participants have their goals and objectives met.
- Facilitate and support GED candidates and connections with other educational resources.
- Develop and maintain relationships with local employers.
- Maintain a database of training programs and potential employers.
- Work collaboratively with other local and state job development/placement agencies.
- Maintain participant files in compliance with agency PII policies and procedures and report to the Program Manager all required information for reporting.
- Document employer and participant satisfaction to assure continued excellence in quality.
- Attend all staff and CQI meetings and coordinate with the University of Kentucky on evaluation requirements.
- Complete all other duties as assigned by the Program Manager.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent training and experience.
- Two years case management/employment coaching experience preferred.
- Knowledge of local/state educational, employment and social service agencies.
- Understanding of generational poverty, low income populations, Appalachian community.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. This position may require extended/flexible hours.
- Excellent computer and technology skills (Internet, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Valid Kentucky driver’s license, reliable transportation, and state required minimum vehicle liability insurance and uninsured motorist insurance.
- Satisfactory background checks.
- Pass a pre-employment drug test and random drug testing as required.
- Any/all other testing or applicable checks required by local, state, or federal law.
Pay Range: $12.00 – $16.00 (Pay based on education & experience.)
Competitive Benefits – paid holidays, paid leave, health, dental, vision, life & CERS Retirement.
Counties: Bath, Boyd, Carter, Clark, Elliott, Estill, Greenup, Lawrence, Madison, Menifee, Montgomery, Morgan, Powell, Rowan