Gateway Community Action
The Transportation Driver, performs general public transportation activities such as: driving an up-to 24 passenger handicapped accessible vehicle.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs pre and post trip inspections
- Drives assigned vehicle in professional, safe and responsible manner, picks up/transports/returns public passengers as per schedule provided by Dispatcher, assists passengers as needed in boarding and de-boarding vehicle (operates and inspects chairlift as necessary).
- Collects and secures fares and remits to designated staff, develops and maintains various records relative to vehicle condition and readiness,
- Assist the Dispatcher in planning the most expeditious routes for timely transportation of members of the public.
- Attends all training, lectures and classes on transportation techniques equipment use, regulations and maintenance and safety measures as required Federal and State Departments of Transportation, Gateway Policies and Procedures and or supervisors.
- Prepares and submits any reports, time sheets and invoices in a timely manner.
- Maintains a clean, neat and safe work area and vehicle at all times.
- Perform vehicle inspections, cleanup and minor maintenance, documents mileage and trip information and transfer records to designated staff and performs other assigned duties including occasional light housekeeping and building maintenance and courier services.
- Observes and reports any known problems with equipment, vehicle or other safety issues.
- Use personal protective safety equipment as required.
- Provide support to Director, Dispatcher and other Drivers as required.
- Maintain all required licenses and certificates.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Part-time 24-30 hours per week
Required Education and Experience
High School Diploma or GED
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
A valid KY Driver’s License as well as a clean driving record and criminal background check is required. Gateway Community Action is a drug free workplace and a clean pre-employment drug test is required as well as ongoing random drug testing. Must be willing to attend all trainings as required by the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet, Office of Transportation Delivery and/or Gateway Community Action. Must maintain CPR/First Aid certification.
Starting Pay: $12.00